- Meal Planning does NOT work me, but having enough ingredients on hand to put together our favorite go-to meals DOES! So instead of sitting down at the beginning of each week and writing out a neat, ordered list of items I need to complete a set menu, I simply take an inventory of groceries I don't have and off I go.
- Encouraging every member of our family to do their share! Chores are an important learning tool for children and I am a firm believer that if you live in the house you are accountable for it's maintenance. But one thing I refuse to do is brow-beat my children into completing a set list of chores each day. We do have a chore calendar which rarely works, but it's a visual reminder that, "hey you have stuff you should help out with!".
- Creating! I love to create whether it's crafts, blog posts and graphics, desserts, etc - whatever I can be doing to create something brings a calming peace to me and helps me to put what ever talent God has gifted me with into action.
- Checking my bank account online daily! I do not keep a check or transaction register, never have and probably never will. I type a bill sheet up in MS Word before each paycheck and then I cross the items off as they are paid. For everyday expenses and transactions, I simply go to our online account system and monitor closely what monies are spent and for what. I'm terrible at budgeting and the more I pressure myself to make and stick to one, the more stress I endure (and the more stress, the more pain from my FM I experience).
- NOT stressing myself out over the little things. My husband and I dispute regularly over this issue and neither of us and can really relate to the others opinion - so be it. My mother always told me not to sweat the small stuff in life and to save your frustration for the bigger things, and there will be bigger things! I'm not a fan of conflict, even though I won't run from it either. I prefer a simple, peaceful, and communicable environment in my home.
Help Us to Grow (Marriage Challenge – 31 Days of Prayer) - ...read more → ------------------------------ You just finished reading Help Us to Grow (Marriage Challenge – 31 Days of Prayer)! Consider leaving a comm...